European credits (EC) are awarded to RMA and PhD students for participation in ARCHON events and submitting a reflection report (read more below). Please note that the following rules apply:
- Students are required to send in a reflection report on the workshop they attended in order to receive ECTS.
- The number of credits that will be awarded after submitting a report, or giving a presentation at an event, is always advertised on the event page of our website.
- Reports have to be submitted no later than one month after the attended workshop or as specified in the programme of the workshop.
- At the end of the academic year, the student will receive a certificate which lists subject and credits earned during the academic year.
- Please note that different rules per university apply when it comes to registering the ECTS. Please contact the secretariat of your university for more information.
Unless otherwise mentioned the guidelines for awarding ECTS are as follows:
- 1 EC is awarded for workshops and conferences of one or two days after submitting a reflection report (see below). An additional EC can be earned if the student processes at least 140 pages of literature in the report.
- 1 EC is awarded for skill courses in which the assignments are generally concluded during the course of the workshop.
- 1 EC is awarded after presenting a paper at an ARCHON activity. Please submit the powerpoint and text to the coordinator.
- 2-3 EC are awarded for workshops and conferences that have a specific assignment, these specific assignments are communicated by the organizers of the workshop.
The reflection report
For the reflection report, you should focus on the approaches taken in the workshop and review these critically, using references to at least two sources of literature. If applicable, include how you would apply one or more of the presented approaches to your own research, and why you think that is relevant. The main goal of the report is for you to critically assess what you’ve learned during the course. It’s important that your report is creative and original.
- 1500-2000 words
- References to literature in the text.
- At least two sources of literature. An additional EC can be earned if the student processes at least 140 pages of literature in the report.
- Use the following format to name your file: Archonreport_*name of the course*_*your name*.
Submit the report to the coordinator who will check whether it meets the requirements. Actual grades are only given for reports over 2 EC’s. Please note that you can receive feedback on your reports upon request.