European credits (EC) are awarded to RMA and PhD students for participation in ARCHON events and submitting a written report.
Please note that the following rules apply:
- Students are required to send in a written report on the workshop they attended in order to receive ECTS.
- The amount of credits that will be awarded after submitting a report of giving a presentation at an event are always advertised with the event.
- Reports have to be submitted no later than one month after the attended workshop or as specified in the programme of the workshop.
- At the end of the academic year the student will receive a certificate which lists subject and credits earned during the academic year.
- Please note that different rules per university apply when it comes to registering the EC's. Please contact the secretariat of your university for more information.
Unless otherwise mentioned the guidelines for reports are as follows:
- 1 EC is awarded for workshops and conferences of one or two days after submitting an evaluation report (see below). An additional EC can be earned if the student processes at least 140 pages of literature in the report.
- 1 EC is awarded for skill courses in which the assignments are generally concluded during the course of the workshop.
- 1 EC is awarded after presenting a paper at an ARCHON activity. Please submit the powerpoint and text to the coordinator.
- 2-3 EC are awarded for workshops and conferences that have a specific assigment, these specific assignments are communicated by the organizers of the workshop.
The evaluation report
For the written report you should focus on the approaches taken in the workshop and review these critically, with reference to at least two sources of literature. We would also like to hear, if applicable, how you would apply one or more of the presented approaches to your own research, and why you think that is relevant. The main goal with the evaluation report is to be creative and original. The report should be about 1500-2000 words and include references to literature. An additional EC can be earned if the student processes at least 140 pages of literature in the report.
Submit the report to the coordinator who will check whether it meets the basic requirements. Actual grades are only given for reports over 2 EC's.
Please note that you can receive feedback on your reports upon request.