DATE: 7-8 May 2020
CREDITS: 1-2 EC
1 ECT by attending the database course OR the data management workshop (and handing in a written report)
2 ECTS by attending both (and handing in a written report)
Registration: fill out the registration form below. If you are not attending both days, please send an email to our coordinator.
Attendance is free of charge for all ARCHON members, but PhD students will have priority.
The data management course will go online! The programme for May 8 will not change, the database introduction on May 7 will instead be an online tutorial that you can follow at your own pace at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4MLi78ue6XqiPL6fzTgOzuBUnVKmXdQe.
During this course, you will learn the principles of database design, management, and analysis for archaeological data sets.
Online tutorial: Working with databases (Jitte Waagen)
- principles of database design
- project data management
- data analysis (querying, data mining)
8 May: Research data management
- 10:00 – 10:45 making your data FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable) (Kristina Hettne, Leiden University)
- 10:45 – 12: 30 making a data management plan (Wouter Verschoof-van der Vaart and Alex Brandsen, Leiden University)
- 12:30 – 13:15 BREAK
- 13:15 – 14:00 making a data management plan (Wouter Verschoof-van der Vaart and Alex Brandsen, Leiden University)
- 14:00 – 17:00 practical: Making it easy(ish): the Heurist data management service (dr. Ian Johnson, University of Sydney)
- 17:00 – 18:00 evaluation & drinks at home
Registration (open until 6 May)