ARCHON Symposium: ‘Jonge onderzoekers over de Oudheid – Young voices on the Ancients’ (Postponed)
Credits: 1 ECT
– ARCHON meets ‘Week van de Klassieken’! –
This year ARCHON will organize a symposium during the Week van de Klassieken (Week of the Classics, 23 March – 2 April 2023) in cooperation with the Allard Pierson Museum (APM). The symposium is titled: ‘Jonge onderzoekers over de Klassieken – Young voices on the Ancients’ in which all ARCHON RMA and PhD students are welcome to present their research for a broader, popular audience.
In order to get you prepared for presenting your research during this symposium, you will first record yourself presenting your research on video. Then, Marie-France van Oorsouw, an expert on public speaking, will watch and check your video. To discuss her remarks with you personally, we offer a fine-tune session in which you will get individual feedback on your presentation. This will take place on 15 March at the Vrije Universiteit. The final product will be the presentation of your research at the Allard Pierson Museum on Thursday 30 March 2023, during the Week van de Klassieken.
Note that the main language of the symposium will be Dutch, but non-Dutch speakers are welcome to present in English. The fine-tune session will also be in English.
Are you interested? Please use the registration form below.
1. To acquire skills to present your research for a broader non-academic audience.
2. To show to a broader audience what type of research archaeology students are currently engaged in. See it as a ‘look behind the scenes’.
- The research you are going to present does not have to be finished. It can be an ongoing research project, or even research that you just started.
- The research can be connected to the ‘Classics’, but this is not mandatory.
- The length of your presentation is 10 minutes, on top of that we reserve 10 minutes for questions.
- The theme of this year’s ‘Week van de Klassieken’ is ‘revolution’, so you might want to respond to this theme in your presentation, but this is not mandatory.
- Your presentation may be held in English or Dutch.
- We welcome RMA and PhD students in Archaeology and Ancient Studies to participate. OIKOS members are very welcome as well!
- It is mandatory to actively attend the meeting prior to the final presentation during the ARCHON Symposium at the Week van de Klassieken.
Credits: ARCHON and OIKOS members can receive 1 ECT for sending in a video, for attending the meeting and presenting their research during the ARCHON Symposium on 30 March.